Bacon Wrapped Dates
1 pound smoked bacon
pitted medjool dates
1. Cut bacon in half. Lay out the bacon on a cutting board.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Wrap 1/2 of a date in the sprinkled bacon and secure with a toothpick
4. Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is crispy, or whatever texture you like your bacon.
5. Set finished dates on a paper towel to get the excess grease off of the wrap.
The trick to making great wrapped dates is to have an even amount of salty to sweet.
Make sure that ther are even amounts of bacon to dates in each wrap.
Make them a tad more fancy by stuffing the date with any nut of your choosing!
Increase your taste sensation by using Cardomom, nutmeg or clove as the spice you sprinkle.
1. Lay out the bacon cut in half on a cutting board.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cardamom, clove, or curry.
3. Place the date either stuffed with a nut or not onto the bacon in preparation of wrapping it up.
Wrap the date in the bacon and skewer it with a toothpick to hold it together.
Place on a foil lined pan for easy clean up.
Place pans in the oven. Preferably in the middle of the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is the way you like it.
After removing dates from the oven, immediately place them on paper towels to drain excess bacon grease.